Similar to other European destinations, Spain has a wide variety of accommodation options to choose from. The most affordable hotel rooms in Spain are located in hostels or guesthouses as well as in some basic hotels. Throughout the country, in both rural and urban areas, there are many hotels, apartment rentals and aparthotels to choose from.
Spain is a fantastic destination for families and this is especially true when it comes to the accommodation offerings. In the coastal areas you will find hotel complexes that are reminiscent of the resorts of the Caribbean and Mexico. These hotels provide a full range of amenities and facilities that perfectly compliment any family vacation. You will even find some of the hotels are owned and operated by the chains you are already familiar with such as Iberostar, Bahia Principe and Barcelo.
Spain also offers some truly unique accommodation options such as Parador hotels. These are one-of-a-kind luxury hotels located in historical buildings and places of natural beauty. Many old castles, palaces, fortresses, convents and monasteries have been converted to Parador Hotels and offer modern conveniences in an old world setting. Paradores are located throughout Spain, from the northwest through to Andalusia and the Canary Islands. Many can be found in World Heritage Cities like Toledo, Segovia, Granada and Santiago de Compostela.
Many regions of Spain have their own traditional styles of building that they have converted to outstanding lodgings. Some of these include:
- Pazos in Galicia are refurbished ancient noble homes. They are a symbol of the history of the northwest region of Spain.
- Casonas in Asturias are intimate quality hotels bursting with rustic charm, ideal for rural Asturias.
- Hospederias are hotels generally built on historic buildings typical of Extremadura, Aragon and Castile-La Mancha.
- Posadas of Castile-Leon are found in towns with historic or architectural value or in places of outstanding natural beauty.
- Haciendas & Cortijos are in Andalusia and were once used as farms or cattle ranches.
- Masias of Catalonia are beautiful farmhouses commonly found in the northeast area of Spain.
Call your itravel2000 Travel Expert NOW to book! 1.866.WOW.DEAL (969.3325)