Las Vegas at a Glance
Until you’ve been it’s hard to picture what all of the colossal hotels, bright lights and vibrant personalities of Las Vegas truly look like. Evolving from its reputation as an adult playground, Vegas has become a home for gourmet cuisine, celebrity chefs, ultimate spa pampering and renowned entertainers. A visit to Vegas will be unforgettable, and likely the first of many.
Not to be missed Cruising the Strip is a MUST for any visitor to Vegas, new or returning. While walking alongside the city-like hotels, make sure to visit these unforgettable Vegas attractions:
- Bellagio Fountains: You saw them in “Ocean’s Eleven” and now you can see them in person. More than a thousand fountains dance to music from classic composers to pop idols. Shows are available every day of the week, from mid-afternoon to midnight.
- PBR Rock Bar & Grill: A Las Vegas staple, this bar is ideal for people watching, checking out the Strip from an elevation and dining on modernized American comfort food. With staff that swings from the ceiling, a mechanical bull and live DJs, this bar is lively spot for an evening out.
- X Scream: At the Stratosphere, X Scream thrusts riders along a 69foot ramp at 30miles an hour until they stop 29feet over the edge of the tower, over 850 feet above ground.
Uniquely Las Vegas We’ve all heard the stories of couples running off to Vegas and returning married, right? Well, it should be no surprise then to hear that Las Vegas is also known as the Wedding Capital of the World. Wedding Chapels can be found along the strip, as well as in the Las Vegas Wedding District and in many of the major hotels. The most famous Chapels include: Little White Wedding Chapel, Little Church of the West and the Little Chapel of the Flowers. Like the rest of Vegas, weddings here are exciting and unique. Choose to be married by an Elvis impersonator, or in a theme wedding like Star Trek, Gothic or even in a drive-thru ceremony.
Good to know about Las Vegas Before you get wrapped up in the bright lights of Nevada’s desert playground, let’s talk about its Practical Details:
- Climate: Located in the Mohave Desert, summers in Las Vegas are very hot and winters mild, with an average temperature of 16°C.
- City Transportation: Walking is the best way to explore the Las Vegas Strip. To see the sights outside of town, a car rental will be the most affordable and convenient option.
- Accommodation: Themed hotels are all the rage in Las Vegas, and centre on the famous ‘Strip’. See Las Vegas hotels for more information.
- Eating Out: Buffets, gourmet celebrity chef restaurants, cafes and snack bars are readily available, many 24-hours a day.
Call your itravel2000 Travel Expert NOW to book! 1.866.WOW.DEAL (969.3325)