Lake Buena Vista at a Glance
Lake Buena Vista may be a small city just outside of Orlando, but its resident is larger than life. LBV is the home of the iconic Walt Disney World! Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Downtown Disney are all located here, along with an abundance of Disney-themed hotels, large-chain hotels, dining options, retail shops and eight impressive golf courses.
Not to be missed
The many parks of Walt Disney World are enough to keep anyone busy for weeks, but if you are looking for a day off-resort, head into Orlando for one its many other top-rated attractions.
- Within Orlando: SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove, LEGOLAND Florida, Orange Avenue and Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, Universal Studios Orlando and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Uniquely Lake Buena Vista
It may be hard to believe, but the city of Lake Buena Vista is actually controlled by The Walt Disney Company. Its only residents are Disney employees, who live on Royal Oak Court, north of Downtown Disney. Originally named the City of Reedy Creek, it was renamed after the street in California where The Walt Disney Company is located.
Good to know about Lake Buena Vista
Before the theme song from “It’s a small world after all” gets stuck in your head, let’s talk about Lake Buena Vista’s practical details:
- Climate: Lake Buena Vista demonstrates a warm and humid subtropical climate. The average temperature high in March is 25°C and 32°C in July.
- City Transportation: All of the accommodations in Lake Buena Vista are within walking distance of at least one of the Disney parks. There is tram service between each of the parks as well. If you plan on travelling into Orlando, a car rental is the most convenient option.
- Accommodation: With hotels from leading chains and over 25 Disney-themed resorts, there is an accommodation for every type of traveller and every budget in Lake Buena Vista.
- Eating Out: American, Italian, Mexican … there is a little bit of everything in Lake Buena Vista. Nearby Orlando also offers many great dining options.
Call your itravel2000 Travel Expert NOW to book! 1.866.WOW.DEAL (969.3325)